BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our View of God



(Isaiah 6:1-5) In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2 Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. 3 And one called out to another and said, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory." 4 And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. 5 Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Our core beliefs about God are not in what we have learned about Him,but rather in how we live our lives in before Him. Let me rephrase this: the way you live reflects much of whether your view of God is pure or tainted. We show that we really believe Scripture and have a high view of God when we obey God, put Him first in our hearts, and allow Him to reveal Himself to us in Scripture, accepting this revelation with a firm foundation of faith. The truth of God's word stands true whether or not you or I accept it. The complexity of the God of the Bible, who I believe to be the only true and living God, is not bound to my logical ability of understanding Him. Religion always seems to have this tendency in its pursuit of God (which is to make God less than He is in order to all the more pursue Him). For a good book to read in regards to a proper view of God, I'd recommend "The Knowledge of the Holy" by A.W. Tozer, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

0 comments: