BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Prayer in Reverse

God-

Please give me no peace without seeking it from you in prayer.
Please give me confusion without seeking direction from You.
Please give me no opportunities to share your love without seeking them from You.
Please give me no service to Yourself without seeking that placement from You.
Please help me to fail in Your estimation without seeking Your help to succeed on Your terms.
Please help me to be empty and disgusted with my life without seeking Your heart continually.
Please help me to fall into sin if I don’t seek Your help to live righteously.
Please help me to end my life in regret if I don’t live My life seeking Your help to get through.
Please make me know that I did not do this life in my own strength.
Please make my life so much better when I’m close with You than when I fall away.

I know that You, God, will honor these requests. Please help me to be mindful of that which I have asked of You. I know that this is how You have been working my life, but I want to joyously embrace the way that You have made my life to work when I am or am not close with You.

In Jesus’ name I make these requests, with love—

Sam
Saturday, June 19, 2010

0 comments: