BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Thanks Be to God!


To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever. (Psa 30:12 NKJV)

I'd like to encourage you to be thankful to God today. I'd like to encourage you to think what I've written here for yourself and to say it to God where you are if you genuinely can say that Jesus Christ is your personal Savior. Here we go:

Thank You, God, for saving me.

Thank You for sending your Son Jesus for me.

Thank You for letting me serve You.

Thank You for revealing truth to me as it comes from You.

Thank You for knowing what's best for me and always working to such ends.

Thank You for being a holy, sovereign God who is above my comprehension in your totality and yet necessarily understandable by Your revelation of Yourself in Your word.

Thank You for being gracious and merciful to me despite my tremendous failures as a sinful human being.

Thank You for not being like me and yet calling me to be like You.

Thank You for being able to celebrate my life and for sustaining this life by Your power.

Thank You for listening to my prayers and knowing how to respond. I don't know what life has in store for me in the future, but I know You do. You ordain my days and my circumstances. You control everything and allow what You deem best to make me become like You. My hope can only be found in You.

Thank You for loving me enough to protect me even from myself sometimes.

Thank You for giving me people that I can share life with. Thank You that I can share life with You.

Thank You for letting me live on Your earth, using Your resources, spending Your time with Your people, breathing Your air. Thank You for letting me see Your sun rise, Your clouds move through Your blue skies, Your stars and moon and planets at night...Thank You for Your animals and the beauty of nature. Nothing I look at within or without is less than Yours.

Thank You for not withholding Your truth and being gracious with me regarding all the times I've taken it for granted; thank You for helping me to grow up when I should be left as an immature, hopeless and helpless person.

Thank You that my salvation is not dependent upon my ability--I know that salvation is completely of You.

Thank You for my body--ears to hear, eyes to see, nerves to feel sensation, feet to walk, a brain to think, a heart to pump life into me, muscles that render me capable of living, and much more.

Thank You for teaching and training me, for guiding me, for assisting me, for sending me places, and for going with me where You send me. I thank You for the Trinity--thank You, Father, for your will and your plan; thank You, Jesus, for Your life, Your death, and Your resurrection; thank You, Holy Spirit, for Your presence in my life, convicting me of my sin, illuminating the Scriptures, guiding me in life and in moment. Thank You, God, for You are worthy of all my thanksgiving and praise (and far more than just mine).

Thank You for taking me by the hand and leading me through this life. I will never know in my mortal life just how much I needed You, but I thank You for loving me with Your deep, passionate and unconditional love. I need it so much.

Your thankful child--

(Sam)

1 comments:

Ann@StringerMama said...

Thank you God for such a wonderful, loving and godly husband! I love you!