BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Praise God for Weakness...

(2Co 12:6-10 HCSB)
6 For if I want to boast, I will not be a fool, because I will be telling the truth. But I will spare you, so that no one can credit me with something beyond what he sees in me or hears from me,
7 especially because of the extraordinary revelations. Therefore, so that I would not exalt myself, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to torment me so I would not exalt myself.
8 Concerning this, I pleaded with the Lord three times to take it away from me.
9 But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me.
10 So because of Christ, I am pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in catastrophes, in persecutions, and in pressures. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

"I Need Thee Every Hour" by Annie S. Hawks (the hymn)

1. I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
no tender voice like thine can peace afford.
Refrain:
I need thee, O I need thee;
every hour I need thee;
O bless me now, my Savior, I come to thee.

2. I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby;
temptations lose their power when thou art nigh.
(Refrain)

3. I need thee every hour, in joy or pain;
come quickly and abide, or life is vain.
(Refrain)

4. I need thee every hour; teach me thy will;
and thy rich promises in me fulfill.
(Refrain)

5. I need thee every hour, most Holy One;
O make me thine indeed, thou blessed Son.
(Refrain)


I am so inadequate in and of myself...thank you, God. Were I to live this life forever, I would be destined for eternal failure apart from you. Thank you for my weaknesses, my failures, my short-comings, my times of distress and hopelessness. With every circumstance that I find myself inadequate in, you brand into me once again my ever-present need for Your hand to guide me through life and keep me standing. Make me ever aware that victory is yours and accomplishments are yours and righteousness is yours, not mine. I need Thee every hour, most precious Lord. Every hour.

(P.S. At the bottom of this page, you'll notice the song player. I do have the song "I Need Thee Every Hour" on the list by Jars of Clay if you want to listen to it, if it isn't playing already!)

0 comments: